I’m sure you all have that pair of heels that makes you feel sexy the moment you put them on, but do you have a pair of sneakers that make you feel like a badass? It’s an important addition to any woman’s shoe rack. Luckily, they’re everywhere right now.
The Bachelorette may have ended more than a month ago, but Emily Maynard fans were excited to see photos of her trip to Africa for People Water, proof that this reality show love may actually be a reality. But, far more importantly, we got to see what she wore trekking through villages in Ghana. Believe me, she was not styled in safari-not-so-chic, she rocked some badass studded hightop sneakers.
I was inspired.
Well, I was back and forth between the $925(!) Louboutin’s and making my own for $35. For now, I’ll stick to my own.
- I put a can of soda inside the sneaker to keep the fabric firm.
- The glue dries clear so don’t worry about using too much.
- Make sure to press studs/nailheads into material so it adheres well.
- No glue? Try this ironing technique (I haven’t tried it yet but I will shortly – the soda can will be key here so the sneaker can balance on it’s side)
- Be impressed with yourself.
* Leftover studs? Update one of your blazers with this DIY.
* Looking for another badass DIY? Check out Love Them Madly’s awesome Army Letter Shirts!