This is Bo. Is he not the cutest? He’s a Cavapoo, a King Cavalier Poodle. We’ve been dog sitting him and we are loving it. Except when he pees on my carpet. Right after you walk him for 20 minutes outside. I don’t love that. But then he gives you the cutest little face and all is forgiven. I have learned a few lessons so far:
1. My husband is going to be the best father some day. He is patient, affectionate, and remembers to give him his ear drops.
2. We are going to be strict parents. No table scraps from us, buddy.
3. Dogs can have split personalities & can be quite stubborn. And so can I. While trying to get Bo to stop barking I turned on my “mean voice” and counted to 3. I didn’t even know I had a mean voice. Laughter soon followed, neither Bo nor I was buying it.
4. I now have a taste of the chaos parents must deal with each day managing the schedules and well-being of their little ones. Did he eat? Did he go? Did he goooo go? Can you drop him off at day care and I’ll pick him up? He refused to go to day care, now what do we do?
5. There is absolutely nothing better than snuggling on the couch with your husband and dog while watching American Idol.