Yesterday, my oldest and dearest friend went into labor. Her little peanut was a couple weeks early, but healthy and stunning. I wanted to bring some goodies to the hospital, so I polled my LoveUMadly-Mommy-Think-Tank and got some great ideas of what came in most handy to them that wasn’t in their own hospital bag. Here’s what we came up with. (I haven’t include my sister’s brilliant response, I was in it for the diamonds.)
I personalized this template for the label and taped it to a gift bag.
If the bag is for post-labor:
– Make-up remover wipes
– Moisturizers & chapstick (Hospitals are so drying)
– Something minty like altoids
– Candy (maybe even fill a baby bottle with blue&white or pink&white jelly beans)
– Diet Coke, Gatorade
– Something chocolate-y (she deserves it!)
And if you get her the bag before the actual delivery, include these items:
– Evian’s water spray/mist
– hair ties
– a soft, fabric headband (senses are heightened so something that doesn’t pull)
– a cotton robe (like this one from the Gap)
– Baby hand/foot print clay kit
If you have any other ideas PLEASE share them in the comment section below.