It’s almost New Years Eve and I have an early bird dinner reservation like a good, tired new mommy. However, I’m sure some of you are getting ready to par-tay.
Here is my last (ok, my only) fabulous idea of 2013….
While all of us mere mortals have been leaving our Grey Goose vodka bottles naked and boring on the bar, my mother-in-law has been dressing them up for years. Luckily, she has shared her how-to with yours truly so all of you can give a new year’s toast in style.
Vodka Ice Sculptures
1. Cut the top off of a cleaned milk or juice carton.
2. Place bottle of vodka in the carton.
3. Fill the bottom third of the carton with water.
4. Add any colorful accents to the water (flowers, rosemary, fruit, etc)
5. Place in freezer and allow to freeze completely.
6. Once frozen solid, add another layer of water in the middle third of the bottle and repeat step 4 &5.
7. Once completely frozen and ready to serve/display, peel away carton and enjoy your boozy ice sculpture.
Wishing you a wonderful new year.